For many Chowhounders our life is in bloom......Football season is here! A time of joy and never boredom. No need to while away the hours. Yet, *every rose has its thorn*, and time is scarce.
What is your strategies for cooking in football season? Do you cook on Tuesday and Wednesday and put them in the freezer? If so, what dishes? Do you *squeeze in* quick adventures to the kitchen on Saturday and Sunday? If so, what do you prepare?
I would like to share my tips for Saturday and Sunday.
1) *Vegan popcorn*. Cook nonbutter popcorn in the microwave using the steps on the box or the bag. Pour the popcorn into a bowl. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and sea salt. (OPTIONAL) Sprinkle with olive oil or liquid butter.
2) *Cherokee guacamole*. Spoon the green good part from one avocado. Mash it as much as you like. Eat with corn ships.
3) *Italy rice.* Cook arborio rice in Japan rice cooker with salt. Stir in buffalo milk butter and grated parmegiano reggiano.
4) *Arab rice.* Cook basmati or jasmine rice in Japan rice cooker with salt. Stir in tahini and lemon juice.
5) *India rice.* Cook basmati rice in Japan rice cooker with salt, ghee, saffron, and black cardamon pod. I recommend *Tilda rice* for the best taste.