i want to learn about chorizo, links and bulk-style.
1. what are the nuances of the seasonings in regional variations, like argentinian, mexican, salvadoran....others?
2. is it "everything but the squeal"?
3. what are the criteria to look for in evaluating quality?
4. how much per pound should one expect to pay for "quality" chorizo?
5. how do you use chorizo? what do you do with the fat rendered while cooking the fresh chorizo?
6. what are the casings made from?
7. what chorizo would you use for a spanish garbanzo bean soup? is that the "garbanzado"?
8. are some finely-textured meat paste, or are they always a rough grind?
edited to add:
9. smoked vs. fresh. do you ever "cook" the smoked?
thanks in advance! (please don't feel you need to follow my format,,,,) ;-).