On another board, there's an interesting thread on local food myths. Since I love starting threads that go no where, I'm throwing this one out too. What are the food myths of Chicago. Here are some of mine:
1) The city is filled with great neighborhood hot dog stands serving plump, dogs with the works.
2) Frontera Grill serves the only authentic Mexican food in the city. See for instance, buried far down on this board, ReneG's exposition on 26th street.
3) There are no good Chinese resturants in Chicago/Ben Pao is the only good Chinese styled place. Just go to the still too barren, Chinatown Mall off of Archer for a series of great Chinese food including Yunnan, Sichuan, Dim Sim, and bar-b-q.
4) Chicago pizza sucks (putting my dukes up!)
5) There are no deli's in Chicago. Well, what's Manny's?
Updated 6 days ago | 137
Updated 2 days ago | 21
Updated 6 days ago | 19
Updated 8 days ago | 86
Updated 4 days ago | 106