i got only one dish because the wait in line to order a couple of additional dishes was beyond ridiculous. i gave up.
i had the grilled romaine salad (i know, not their specialty)
for an additional $4 i can get a similar dish at Gjelina.
the difference is that at Gjelina:
1) the size of the portion served is larger.
2) the tables are not sticky/disgusting dirty
3) the rags that are used to wipe the tables down are a) actually used after EVERY diner, and b) not filthy
4) the dish, as it's served at Gjelina, is more complex--better.
5) unbelievably, the parking situation at Gjelina is better
6) at Gjelina, they will serve your food on real plates and you can eat it with real silverware.
i never thought that i'd look at Gjelina as a bargain, but for $4 more you get so much more.
3300 Overland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90034
1429 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, CA 90291