Reading the posts on this board, I realized we all have our wish lists of foods and/or ethnic restaurants we wish we could find here. I have been in Charlotte since 1992, and have lived in Atlanta, Houston and Dallas. Granted, I have never tried a true Brooklyn-style pizza in Brooklyn or enjoyed bread from an authentic Italian-American bakery, but I have been lucy enough to travel to some great places and experienced some great "foodie" experiences. To that end, here is my list:
1. An Arabic bakery - oh how I miss good, fresh pita bread. I make my own now, but you really need a commercial oven to get the right flavor and color
2. A really good croissant - flakey, buttery, crisp on the outside....and perhaps a lovely sidewalk cafe in which to enjoy it
3. A cheese shop - where they store the cheeses properly, and where they proudly feature North Carolina's artisanal cheeses
4. A great food market: think Reading Terminal market, Pike's Place, the Borough Market in London or any of the incredible street markets in France.
5. A reliable fish market
6. A Moroccan restaurant
7. A Belgian restaurant - or any place that will specialize in moules frites
8. A patisserie - or a bakery that will make the gorgeous French macaroons.
9. More local produce and farm fresh eggs
10. A really good oyster bar
Updated 1 year ago | 10
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 5 months ago | 9
Updated 2 years ago | 29
Updated 1 year ago | 7