I'm looking for a place to have a nice lunch on Saturday. Must meet the following criteria:
- 15-20 minute walk from about 44th & 2nd Ave. More or less, I don't mind walking, but it has to be somewhere "Midtown East", nothing West side allowed. I'm willing to hike for a cool place. So this is a pretty broad area.
- Must serve lunch, absolutely no brunch menus. I have a visceral hatred of anything brunch. I can't emphasize this strongly enough.
- Ideally, I want a place to have a very long lunch at a cool and/or pleasant setting, with good service, and a nice wine list. A place to relax with a nice bottle of wine.
- Exclude these: Chinese, Japanese, tapas, Mexican, burgers, pizza, deli. Again, no exceptions please.
- Cost is not a consideration. I'll be dressed up.
Just for comparison sake, a few places I enjoy weekend lunches are: Masseria (Midtown Italian), Victor's Cafe (Midtown Cuban), Safran (Chelsea Vietnamese-ish), and Bottino (Chelsea American).
Sorry if this sounds fussy, just my personal preferences!
Thanks in advance for your recommendations! I'll be checking frequently, so keep them coming!
88 7th Ave, New York, NY 10011
246 10th Ave, New York, NY 10001