I grew up in the Boston area, and since living here in Seattle, have been challenged to find the following around here:
1. Top loading hot dog buns, that are flat on the sides, that you can toast.
2. Egg bagels like they make in Brookline, MA.
3. Smoked whitefish.
4. Pizza like they have at W House of Pizza in Watertown, MA (Paggliachi is the closest, but no cigar).
5. Great fried clams, with the whole clam, not strips. Ivar's doesn't cut it.
6. Lobster rolls like on Cape Cod.
7. Great New England clam chowder and fish chowder like they make at Legal Seafoods in Boston.
8. Deli's (NOT part of a supermarket) with great hot dogs, pastrami, etc.
9. Bakeries (NOT part of a supermarket) with great rich cakes.