Getting married this fall in New England and having an outdoor wedding. We're buying our own wine and beer, and while we don't have trouble coming up with beer ideas, we'd love to hear wine suggestions. Our food will be buffet and likely consist of simple local ingredients, with chicken and fish as the main courses. We are looking to get a variety (buying just a couple bottles of several kinds) of reds and whites.
My challenge to you:
- pick four reds and three whites
- no riesling (we already found that one)
- price - nothing higher than $20/bottle (seriously)
- nothing so obscure that my local wine merchant is going to say "can't get it"
- preference from California, Washington State or Oregon
Would be excited and appreciative to hear any suggestions (if you can just recommend one or two, we'd love to hear those too!).