I have been asked to cater a "Celebration of Life" memorial/party in a few weeks. The host is anticipating 30 guests. The party will last about three hours (1pm-4pm). The request is for light refreshments. For personal reasons, no alcohol will be served.
My quandry is quantity. How much do I need for "light refreshments"? The menu so far:
- assorted fruit platter (grapes, berries, whatever else might be in season)
- veggie platter (asparagus, radish coins, carrots, snap peas, endive with a green goddess type dip)
- sliced cheese and salami platter with crackers
- assortment of tea sandwiches (tuna, egg salad, chicken salad, cucumber)
- mini cupcakes
- beverage service (one gallon each of iced tea or lemonade, and iced water)
I thought of arranging one platter each of the assorted fruit, veggies and cheese/salami. For sandwiches, I'm thinking 3-4 sandwiches per person. Then, I'm making one cake recipe which yields about 5 dozen mini cupcakes if I measure properly.
How am I looking, too much? Not enough? I appreciate your input.
Updated 4 months ago | 7
Updated 3 days ago | 23
Updated 1 month ago | 8
Updated 17 days ago | 3
Updated 1 month ago | 1