We're spending 5 nights at the Four Seasons Hualalai next week and I've had some trouble figuring out places to eat in the Kona area that aren't expensive resort restaurants. I've read good things about Beach Tree at the Four Seasons and we'll eat there at least once, but I want to try some other places as well (focusing on local/unique foods as much as possible). So far my list includes:
1) Da Poke Shack
2) Huggo's (I've seen mediocre reviews....not sure it is worth our time).
3) Monstera (is this really worth visiting, or is it just a typical Japanese restaurant? We're going to some great Japanese places in Honolulu so only want to try this if it is a must-do.)
4) Ultimate Burger (we want to try at least one burger place that uses local beef). Is Annie's Island Fresh Burgers a better choice?
5) Kona Brewing Co - probably only for the tour/beer.
6) Bite Me Fish Market - I would really like to try a place similar to this, but the reviews don't sound all that appealing .... worth it for the fresh fish?
Updated 2 months ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 1 month ago | 10
Updated 2 years ago | 12
Updated 9 days ago | 33