I made a carrot cake using a recipe I found online. It turned out a bit bitter and not moist enough and not sweet enough. This is the original recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/carrot-c...
Based on the reviews I read, I made some adjustments so this is the recipe I followed which made the cake not sweet enough:
• 4 eggs
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 3 cups grated carrots (4 carrots = 0.7 lb)
• 1 cup chopped pecans
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F for dark color pans.
2. Line a 9x13 inch pan (or two 9” round pans) with parchment paper.
3. With an electric mixer mix eggs, oil, white sugar, brown sugar
and 2 teaspoons vanilla to the bowl for about a minute.
4. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
5. With a spatula, stir in carrots, fold in pecans. Try not to over mix.
6. Pour into prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes
7. Put pan on a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
8. Turn the cake out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
9. I frosted it with store bought whipped cream cheese frosting.
Can someone please help me find my mistake(s) and bake a better cake next time? Basically it needs to be a lot sweeter and less bitter and more moist :)
Thanks in advance
Updated 2 years ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 23 days ago | 11
Updated 6 months ago | 13
Updated 2 months ago | 2