Tonight, a group of 20+ die-hard foodies descended on Maple Yip for a long overdue chowmeet. The meal was per-arranged and contained many 'off menu' and labor intensive dishes. Overall, food was delicious with a few stand outs like the pork belly, soft shell crab, Chinese ' Huevos Fritos' and Crispy skin de-boned chicken...etc. Only misstep was the lobster, which was a bit dry.
Full menu are as follows:
- Fried Soft Shell Crab tossed with garlic chili peppered salt.
- Chinese 'Huevos Fritos' ( egg tortilla ) with Silver Ray Fish and diced Chinese preserved Radishes.
- Slow cooked Pork Belly with Chinese preserved Mustard Greens. ( Mui Choi Kau Yuk )
- Double boiled whole Winter Melon Seafood 'Pot-au-Feu'.
- Whole de-boned Crispy Skin Chicken stuffed with flavored Glutinous Rice and Chinese wind-dried
- Stirred fry filet of Floridian Yellow Fin Grouper with Yellowing Chives.
- Stirred fried Beef Tenderloin Cubes with Cashew Nuts in a Taro Bird's Nest.
- Sauteed Duo Lobsters with Maggi Sauce.
- Dungeness Crab fried Rice wrapped in whole Lotus Leaf baked in Bamboo Steamer
- Five grain Barley Congee with Sesame stuffed Mochis
Great value for $50 per person inclusive of tax and gratuities!
However, as mentioned in my title, in addition to the good food, the COMPANY was even better!!!
What a lovely way to spend an evening!!!!
Updated 5 months ago | 5
Updated 2 months ago | 5
Updated 4 months ago | 1
Updated 5 months ago | 6
Updated 3 months ago | 11