I tend to want to recreate exotic foods or foods that require spices not easily found... like now, I am on a "make your own chai tea from scratch kick".. so I end up digging around for spices.. so far, I shop at:
1) The middle-eastern market on Coral Way and 17th Ave has things like whole green cardamom and 7-spice mix.
2) Wild Oats for some herbs/spices in bulk
3) the Indian/Bangladesh Markets (1 near the vietnamese market on 163rd street)
4) the vietnamese market at 163rd and.. I think.. NE 4th Avenue.
5) Price Choice Supermarket and El Presidente Suerpmarket for large containers of things like cloves, allspice, cinnamon.
Where else has interesting spices (without being exorbitantly priced)?
Updated 2 years ago | 6
Updated 1 year ago | 6
Updated 2 years ago | 2
Updated 2 years ago | 22
Updated 5 months ago | 5