Chowhound Presents: Table Talk with Lidia Bastianich Chef, Author, Owner of Felidia | Ask Your Questions Now ›

Not About Food

burned plastic in my dishwasher - toxic?


Not About Food 6

burned plastic in my dishwasher - toxic?

Aimee | Dec 9, 2007 10:10 AM

By accident a plastic top dropped to the hot coil in my dishwasher and melted. The toxic smell was really terrible. I peeled it off but a little part of it stuck. I ran the diswasher again and it still stinks but not as bad. I had baby bottles and nipples in there which I think I will just trash. What about the rest of the dishes? How toxic is this?

Want to stay up to date with this post?