Our first trip to BA as well as the Latin part of America. We are staying in the Palermo Viejo Soho area. We will dine out a lot but also would like reasonable choices for food to cook so we dine in, too. My wife and I love beef and I am also partial to seafood. We will go anywhere within reason to eat, if it's worthy. Local places are fine with us. We love wine. We are going for a convention at La Rural and my wife and I will have several days extra but our friends are unsure about their plans.
So; the questions:
1. Where to dine for beef (parillas ?) and seafood? Italian stuff like pasta, risotto, gelato and pizza? Spanish food, tapas and, there HAS to Nuevo BA food somewhere, right? Anything else I should try? And don't forget, wine is important to us.
2. Where to shop for groceries, beef, other meat/sausage/charcuterie, cheese, wine, deli items? Did I forget anything important that I should know about? Oh yeah, farmer's markets and Italian style items.
3. How about coffee? For the rental and while out? I HATE Starbucks and the like.
4. Lunch near La Rural Convention Center as my friend and I will be at all day meetings for 5 days.
5. How do you locals manage the late night dining? Naps, better genes leading to not needing much sleep, going to work at 11AM?
6. What is a typical BA breakfast?