It's December, right? Never too early to start a top 10 list.
What were the best new things you ate and drank this year?
- chocolate bread at Thorough Bakery
- Montego Bay cocktail at Flora
- fried chicken wings with sticky sauce at Shanghai House
- perfect cup of coffee at Sightglass, consumed while leaning on bags of beans to watch the World Cup final projected on the wall
- home-smoked trout from La Bedaine
- any sorbet from Delise, preferably with tiny cookie
- breek, the Tunisian crepe, at Cafe Zitouna
- exceptionally fresh ikura (salmon roe) at Sebo
and still room for a couple more before New Year's.
Best out of town: Ketart oysters and beef tartare at Thistle in McMinnville; pastrami at Kenny & Zuke's in Portland; venison carpaccio at Gaumenspiel in Vienna.
517 Hayes St, San Francisco, CA 94102
1201 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA 94109
3641 Balboa St, San Francisco, CA 94121
1900 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA 94612
Thorough Bread and Pastry
248 Church Street, San Francisco, CA
270 7th St, San Francisco, CA 94103
DeLise dessert cafe
327 Bay St, San Francisco, CA 94133
1585 Solano Ave, Berkeley, CA 94706
Updated 12 months ago | 10
Updated 1 day ago | 84
Updated 17 days ago | 24
Updated 1 day ago | 29
Updated 1 day ago | 120