Hi there. My boyfriend and I are visiting Washington next week, coming from Toronto, as part of my birthday celebrations. Fun!
I'd really love some local recommendations on where we can go for a nice birthday dinner.
Here are my criteria:
- We'll be staying on Embassy Row, but both of us love exploring via transit, so a short metro ride or walk somewhere is more than OK
- Looking at Italian, contemporary European/French
- He loves pasta, I love poultry (I once had quail, foie, and pate all in one meal)
- Budget: $100-150 tops (we usually have one alcoholic drink each)
- Relatively low-key (though I know dress codes tend to relax in hot summers) ... he'll be wearing sneaks
- Good service, attention to details ... I find in the past both attributes have really made a meal for us
Thank you in advance!