They have posted a list of vendors and what they're cooking. Note that Fast Passes are on sale ONLY for AMEX customers and only until May 31. From the way I read the site, they won't be selling FastPasses on site, only online. They are using the punch card (as opposed to swiped card) system again this year.
It's still $8/plate of BBQ and it's still for charity. Lines last year were VERY SHORT! I hope it stays that way. Maybe 20-30 minutes tops and very few vendors ran out of food. I hope this year is just as successful in crowd control and line management.
Changes from last year:
- Ed Mitchell opened up a new restaurant called THE PIT, his stand is no longer called MItchell's BBQ. It's THE PIT.
- Mitchell's stand is in a completely different part of the park now, 26th/Broadway instead of 23rd and Madison.
- No Southside Brisket and Sausage! They have been replaced by some other brisket joint.
- No chicken option this year.
- Everything remains mostly beef ribs, pork ribs, and chopped/pulled pork, with two brisket options
- Proclamation Stew is back but fried apple pies aren't.
I'm looking forward to THE PIT (Ed Mitchell's) Whole Hog, Big Bob Gibson's Pulled Pork, 17th Street Baby Back Ribs.