Tried the new Verts Berlin donor kebap place yesterday. It opened next to Hopdoddys burger place on Anderson Lane.
- The interior is cute. Red on white with wood tables. High energy.
- I had the Berliner kebap with the beef and lamb. The bread was interesting. Shape was similar to a pita pocket but thicker than pita bread. It had a unique flavor to it. I did not love it but it was interesting.
- There were a lot of good vegetables in the standard kebap. They all seemed very fresh. Then again this was day one, but still delicious veggies inside. If you are vegetarian, I think you'll really like the place.
- They have a good variety of yogurt-based sauces.
- Fast, very friendly service.
- It was difficult to find the meat in the big wrap. Few bites of that entire sandwich had meat or taste of meat in it.
- The interior was loud and echo-y.
- From the meat that I did taste, almost every bite had gristle in it.
After encountering the first two pieces of gristle, I decided to inspect the rest of what little meat was left to pull it remaining gristle.
I'll be in Berlin in a couple of months, and look forward to trying other donor kebaps there. Maybe the gristle is authentic to that prep..
This experience made me crave a gyro. Gyro recommendations anyone?
Updated 1 day ago | 55
Updated 10 hours ago | 81
Updated 1 day ago | 15
Updated 16 days ago | 33
Updated 1 hour ago | 30