Was in town to visit family and finally had an opportunity to try out Beast Friday. Overall an excellent experience.
The table shared:
- Gnocchi Poutine: Very good dish, Boar meat was tender and tasty and the Gnocchi and Cheese excellent as well.
- Duck Heart Risotto: Risotto was so creamy and delicious and the Duck Hearts great flavor. We all cleaned up this plate completely.
- Oven Roasted Bone Marrow: Well I dont think Ive ever had roasted bone marrow I didnt like, and it didnt change one bit here.
- Pig's head Pasta: The Papardelle was made in house and you could tell, great texture and very good. The crispy Pig's ears on top were a nice touch as well. This dish was probably all of our favorite if we were forced to choose just one.
- Beast Burger: Everyone afterwards ordered the Burger. I had mine rare, because whenever I dont have previous experience eating a burger at a restaurant I request it Rare and it tends to come out medium rare which I am fine with. This was no exception, the Burger was cooked perfectly medium rare. Juicy and delicious and anything with a fried egg on top is delicious anyways.
- A couple of my companions ordered desert and seemed to enjoy it as well. I was content to sip on a Macallan and call it a night.
Great service and food, honestly one of the best meals I have had in Toronto is a long while.
Only concern is that it was Friday night at 8:00pm and half the already small restaurant was empty, by the time we were finished at around 9:45-10 only one other table was eating. Is this typical for Beast or was it just a slow night? I have dined at Black Hoof twice and consider the food at Beast to be superior on so many levels from my limited experience but its impossible to just walk into BH at 8:00 on a Friday night I would assume.
Okay end of that little rant, BUT the point is this place should be supported.
Updated 2 years ago | 3
Updated 2 years ago | 13
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 3 days ago | 33
Updated 23 days ago | 44