Hi chowhounds - first off, a BIG thank you to all the contributors on this board. Chowhound and tripadvisor has been a great resource whilst planning for this trip.
My wife and I (both of us are fr SouthEastAsia and speak no Spanish) will be travelling to Spain for the first time in early September. Would have loved to spend more days, but time and money will not allow. For eating options, we are In any case, itinerary as follows :
Day 1 (Sat)
- Arrive Barca 8am. Check-in. Staying at Barri Gothic.
- Grab a bocadillos from BO D B (barceloneta) and head to Passieg de Gracia.
- Late lunch (2.30pm) at CALDENI - followed by Sagrada Familia
- Late dinner at TICKETS
Day 2 (Sun)
- Early lunch 12noon at TAPEO - then to Parc Guell
- (looking for suggestions for snacks/tapas place around Parc Guell to Nou Camp area)
- 8pm at Nou Camp for Barca vs Valencia match at 8pm
- Late dinner at KIOSKO BURGER
Day 3 (Mon)
- LA BOUQUERIA in the morning (will probably eat light)
- Early lunch at QUIMENT & QUIMET – then explore Las Ramblas/Gothic area/beach
- Late dinner at HISOP
Day 4 (Tues)
- Depart Barca and arrive Bilbao around 10.30am
- Lunch at ASADOR ETXEBARRI – will try not to get lost on the way there
- Leave for San Seb after lunch - staying around old town area
- PINTXOS crawl – (used todopintxos.com as a guide)
Day 5 (Wed)
- Simple breakfast/walk around San Seb town/check out
- Long lunch at AKELARRE – then drive back to Bilbao – try to catch Guggenheim at dusk
- (have not decided on where to have dinner in Bilbao – any suggestions for simple, not too pricey options?)
Day 6 (Thurs)
- Leave Bilbao and Spain in the morning .. boo …
That’s the plan so far. There are so many places and things we want to try but keeping in mind our budget (cant do the Akelarre, Mugaritz, Arzak trio) and the limited time (wanted to do lunch at Gelonch, Embat,Sauc, Gresca!) also did not want to overeat (heading to Italy and france to eat more after) – we’ve narrowed it down to the options above. Any suggestions on improvements to the above is greatly appreciated, Gracias!
Updated 5 months ago | 2
Updated 23 days ago | 3
Updated 14 days ago | 12
Updated 22 days ago | 3
Updated 7 days ago | 7