Ok ... Living in the States all those years spoiled me. A few of the things I sorely miss (particularly alongside a pitcher of beer) are:
1. REAL nachos ... baked into a mountainous, glorious, crunchy, gooey mess of chips, cheeses, sour cream, jalapeno, chili, guacamole, salsa ... anyone who's had a great one knows what I'm talkin' about.
2. REAL chicken wings ... ever had them at Flanigan's or an Ale House in Florida? These aren't the sickly deep-fried ones tossed in louisiana hot sauce which are passable in Montreal. They are the heartier buffalo style, sometimes breaded, served with blue cheese, etc..
3. REAL onion rings. onion loaf could do... Let's lump this one together with potato skins and mozzarella sticks.
4. REAL hoagies, wurst, steak subs, pub burgers, chili, chowder, etc.
5. Fish munchies -- sticks, peel n' eat shrimp, etc.
Sometimes you wanna just stuff your face!!