Hello, fellow Manhattan Chowhounds, and welcome to my inaugural post! (Yes, perhaps I'm a bit overexcited by this!)
So...I need your help! I'm looking for a good bar/lounge to host a 35th bday party for my husband. The details:
1. It'll be on a Saturday night, starting at about 9pm.
2. There will be about 30-35 people.
3. I'd like to have a spread of apps/small plates available and a cash (full) bar.
4. I'd rather not pay a rental fee, nor for a private bartender.
5. Ideally, I'd love a place that's not crowded but has a lively, fun vibe.
A private-ish room, or sofa area, or upstairs/downstairs lounge, etc., would be great. For example, I love the rear sofa area at Jadis on the LES, but 1) we've been there a hundred times, and 2) they serve only beer and wine and I'd like a full bar.
Too tall an order? I hope not -- why am I paying so much to live in this city if not for the boundless options for exactly this kind of event? (Well...don't answer that!)
Any and all suggestions are most welcome! And appreciated!
42 Rivington St, New York, NY 10002
Updated 9 months ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 6 months ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 2
Updated 12 months ago | 3