I will be in Baltimore from the UK for two nights as part of a 10 day baseball tour.
Am looking for quintessential Baltimore chow and recs on best areas for a beer for two both pre and post the game. There will be two blokes in or late 30's early 40's - on a veggie and we both love to eat at locals places which are not touristy but equally if somewhere is so kitsch and touristy it must not be missed that's cool too !
From the reading I have done so far Fells Point gets most mentions in terms of bars so I am thinking of staying that side of the inner habour- or is the city so compact that it makes no difference ?
Am wondering specifically about
- 'only in Baltimore' chow experiences - whether the chow itself or the establishment
- is it correct that the best Italian places are not in Little Italy ? any top recs ?
- where is best for pizza - thin crust and good basic margherita
- is anywhere great for squid ?
- where serves the best cocktails with the best view?
- are there any streets or neighbourhoods which combine great chow and great bars which will be lively til late on a Monday and Tuesday night or are we best staying near to the ballpark ?
- is the chow at the ball park in the 'unique ...you have to try...x, y or z ' variety or the 'overpriced crap- avoid category '?
Sorry so many questions....hope you can help !
Updated 2 years ago | 24
Updated 4 months ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 10
Updated 2 years ago | 1
Updated 5 days ago | 24