Now I am probably no where near guy's biggest fan. Infact, I am probably closer to the other end his fan base. However, I love the places he goes. Those are the kind of places I love. Sure, the upscale places are nice, but there is more to life than steaks and gourmet. What are some of your favorite places to eat like a fat kid for cheap in the state, and what do you order? Who needs the food network?
As the resident chunk, I'll start with some of my favorites:
- Mrs. White's Golden Rule - BBQ Ribs and Neck bone, mixed greens, and yams with Sweet Tea(Saturday Special), or order from what is written on the walls.
- Lo-Lo's Chicken and Waffles - Chicken and Waffles!!! Catfish is good. RED KOOL-AID!
- Knock Kneed Lobster - Icelandic Cod Fish and Chips. Fried Okra. Fried anything really.
- Honey Bears - Tennessee BBQ Pulled Pork. Nothing fancy at all. Slow cooked meats that you 'don't need no teeth to eat'. The Hot Link sandwich is good too. Nice kick to it.
- Lenny's Burger Shop - Best 50's style burger in town. Fresh cut fries. Good shakes.
- Carolina's - Good, down to earth mexican food, and cheap!
- Fry Bread House - Navajo tacos. do they do anything else?
- Hamburger Works - Good DIY burgers.
- Sing High Chop Suey House - The name says it all!
- Texaz Grill - Chicken Fried Steak or Chicken Fried Chicken. Pecan Pie.
- El Guero Canelo - SONORAN HOT DOGS!!!