I've learned not to ask questions like "I have 2 days..where should I eat?" so here go some specifics:
1. We LOVE Prune for brunch on Sunday. But since we only eat a few meals a year in NYC (if we're lucky) I feel I should branch out. Please suggest something similar in tone and cuisine to Prune, downtown, and opened at least by 10:00 on Sunday am.
2. Staying at the Tribeca Grand, are there any gems in the area? Not necessarily for dinner, but maybe morning pastry, after dinner drinks, desserts, etc?
3. I'll be there on the last day of restaurant week...Fri Aug 1st. I looked at the list of restuarants, and the names that stood out to me were Morimoto and Del Posto...do you think either of these would be great bargains for lunch on Fri? Any others I've missed?
4. It's been a LONG time since I was in NY in the summer...although the best food is always the most important thing, if there are al fresco options w/ stellar food, please clue me in. (We like almost everything, particularly French and Italian)
5. Bouchon Bakery : worth the trip uptown? How do their doughnuts compare to the Doughnut Plant?
6. I've become obsessed w/ salted caramels...name your favorite source.
7. My husband loves John's Pizza. We were quite disappointed by Lombardi's last year. With that knowledge, how do you think he will like Otto?