I continue to be impressed by this enthusiastic inventive Evan Mallett , chef/owner of Black Trumpet. I think this 18th c. warehouse building must have good karma in its old blackened beams. Black Trumpet , opened in 2007, follows Lindbergh's Crossing and the pioneering Blue Strawberry before it( back when 'gourmet' was a relatively new word in Portsmouth.)
Service was professional, friendly, food knowledgeable and efficient. All four of us enjoyed our many apps, small plates, medium plates, entrees, desserts, wine and drinks. Highlights were:
* Gazpacho, not your typical, pureed and smoky pimenton? tinged.
* Garlic shrimp w/ Carrot Harissa
* Adobo sauced creamer potatoes w/ Jamon Iberico
* Fried Calamari drizzled w/ Evan's special hot sauce, over tangy Asian Slaw
* Tuna special w/ Black Garlic Pasta and Asian Sesame Dressing
* Corn Crème Brulee
Portsmouth is such a charming and handsome historic port; great for strolling after dinner, window shopping, coffee cafes, lively outside seating scene.
Black Trumpet Bistro
29 Ceres Street, Portsmouth, NH 03801
Updated 6 months ago | 0
Updated 2 months ago | 1
Updated 2 years ago | 3
Updated 6 months ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 4