My boyfriend and I are heading to Italy for 5 days during the last weekend of August. We are staying at a Farm near Castellina in Chianti. Niether of us have been to the area, but have come up with a last minute plan. Suggestions comments would be greatly appreciated. I am a bit worries that my plan is too ambitious.
- Arrive in Pisa at 10:00am and pick up the rental car.
- Drive to Lucca, and spend half day there with Lunch at Buca di San Antonio prior to heading to Castellina in Chianti. (Is it worth doing a detour to Lucca?)
- Evening relax at the hotel followed by dinner at Solociccia or Vescovino in Panzanno.
- Spend the day in Florence - walk around the city and go to the duomo. (Given that I have not made any advanced bookings for the museums, I think I will have to give this a miss till my next trip. )
- Lunch at a stall - maybe just grab some lamperdotto?
- Dinner at Sostanza or Trattoria Cibereo?
- Cycle tour around Chianti - have booked this with a tour group and it starts at Gaiole includes a visit to Castello di Brolio.
- Lunch at the mercy of the tour company
- Dinner at Restaurant di Lamole (if we still have the energy) or head to Greve and have dinner at Taverna del Guerrino instead?
Spend the day in Siena, again walk around the city and check out the sites. (is there something that I just should not miss?)
- Lunch at L'Osteria
- Dinner at Grotta di Santa Caterian
- Head to Pisa in the morning
- go see the leaning tower and gab lunch somewhere close by
- head to the airport back to london
All suggestions appreciated!