Since most of the questions here are very general, I'm going to try to be a little more specific.
Here's how my trip with my wife is scheduled:
June 25 - San Francisco - staying right on edge of Chinatown
June 26/27/28- staying in downtown Napa (Westin Versasa)
June 26 - San Francisco - staying right in the Mission (near 18th/Valencia)
Here are my questions:
1. Decent place for lunch in Chinatown. I've been to China 15 times. Is there anything in SF Chinatown that isn't super touristy? Good dim sum?
2. Diner first night. Since day #1 will be tourists,
1. is the Slanted Door worth the money/wait?
2. Is there a restaurant in North Beach worth eating at that isn't a typical chicken parmagian type restaurant?
My time in Napa:
1. Ad Hoc - feelings on this. I've eaten at Bouchon in Las Vegas and the French Laundry isn't in my budget since my daughters need to go to college someday
2. Bottega - I like Michael C. Is this place worth the money. Looks nice online.
3. Downtown Napa - Zuzu - have heard good things
4. Any particular Vineyards that are worth eating at?
5. Last day in SF. Is there any chance I am going to be able to eat at Mission Chinese for lunch on a Saturday? I really want to eat here
6. Any other foodie recommendations in Mission/Castro/Haight. My entire last day will be spent roaming around this area to eat and drink.
Thank you for the help.