We will be in Paris in mid-October with some friends to celebrate my boyfriend's 40th birthday. I'd like your help to find the "perfect" restaurant for our group dinner. I know there is no shortage of fantastic dining options in Paris, but many are not ideal for this occasion. Here are the general criteria we have (just as guidance; all except the day and number of people are negotiable):
- Open for Saturday dinner
- Can accommodate a group of 10 people
- Menu/food price should not be more than ~30-50EUR/person, exclusive of wine/alcohol
- French food (of course!), ideally would be somewhere that has a mix of innovative and traditional
- Lively atmosphere; wouldn't mind somewhere that feels a bit "swanky" or special, but doesn't put style over substance - food comes first :)
- Well-located. Our hotel is in the 1er and happy to stay in that general area for dinner or to travel by taxi/metro. If we don't go somewhere near-ish to where we're staying, we would like to be in an area that has some fun bars/nightlife nearby for after dinner.
Some suggestions I've already received:
La Pirouette - could be a contender
Mama Shelter - discarded; looks like interesting atmosphere but food isn't very French, also seems to present high risk of feeling "old"
Le Fumoir - discarded; looks very touristy
Bistro Volnay - discarded; looks nice but food and service don't seem to be the top priority
Bistrot Paul Bert - contender? (Traditional) Food looks great but worried that it will be too "cozy" with all of us and quite heavy for a Saturday night meal
Many thanks in advance for your comments on the above and/or recommendations!
Updated 14 hours ago | 78
Updated 2 days ago | 55
Updated 1 hour ago | 22
Updated 6 days ago | 37
Updated 16 days ago | 33