Well, I finally pulled my notes together (actually, I should say that Herbert, our waiter, took notes for me) and took some time to write about this exceptional meal.
It's REALLLLLY long, so I won't take up a ton of bandwidth on Chowhound - if you want to read the full report, it's on my blog, below.
- Nantucket Bay scallop with a deliciously savory beet reduction, and topped with Osetra caviar
- Coconut Habanero Soup with Lemongrass & Squid Tentacle
- Spiny Lobster Carpaccio with Meyer Lemon Gelée & Osetra Caviar
- Black Cod with Salsify & Onion Jus
- Roasted Lobster with Cabbage, Pork Belly, Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Foie Gras (two preparations, both exquisite)
- Duck with Sancho Pepper, Tangerine Glaze, Turnips
- Squab with Bok Choy, Cardamom Dust & Sweetbreads
- Cucumber-Lime Sorbet
- Beet-Orange Sorbet
- Cinnamon Buttermilk Panna Cotta
The service could not have been better, and the overall atmosphere of the restaurant was hushed but not "muted"; elegant but not stuffy. In a word, PERFECT for the occassion.
Updated 19 days ago | 0
Updated 2 days ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 8
Updated 12 months ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 0