I'm starting the brainstorm for a going away party I need to organize (for moi!) with my friends. I'd like to do a dinner somewhere followed by moving on to dancing/a bar/karaoke. So my criteria are:
- good for a group and will take reservations for 10-20 people
- preferably will do a group without restricting to a more limited menu
- people can get out for $20-30 not accounting for booze (the cheaper the better so people don't have to splurge, we have a mix of incomes and student budgets in the group)
- a place with fun cocktails or drink options, including pitchers, would be nice
- no need for a nice wine list as only a couple would appreciate it
- not Japanese or Korean (my two least favorites)
- accessible to a nice nightlife option for afterward, so within a 10 minute walking radius
- probably prefer SF as most friends are there, but I live in Oakland so would really appreciate good ideas here
For reference on my thinking, I thought of The Trappist and Beer Revolution in Oakland, but they're a bit too chill for the vibe I'm going for. Something sort of like Cha Cha Cha in the Mission is a decent option, but I did my birthday there a few years ago.
Any and all ideas are welcome!
Cha Cha Cha
2327 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94110
464 3rd St, Oakland, CA 94607