Had a wonderful foodie trip in Tokyo. Thanks for all the help rendered! Here's some of the highlights of my trip...
1. Butagumi - had the most wonderful Iberico pork tonkatsu here. This has to be the best rosu tonkatsu I have tasted. Not for the healthy conscious though.
2. Ginka - had their grilled black cod and saba. Very nice and rates as #2 comfort food in Japan for me!
3. Souten - Their yakitori (especially the kidney) and chicken sashimi moriawase was to die for. Tender, juicy and unforgettable.
4. Otafuku - has to be #1 comfort food in Japan for me! The warm soup was heavenly. The oden pieces were soft, moist and fell apart easily. It's a must go despite the long walking distance.
5. Sasanoyuki - had the Tofu kaiseki lunch set. Goma doufu is nice...mmm
6. Sushi Saito - This is the HIGHLIGHT of the trip for both my hubby and me. We have never tasted sushi like that. Every piece tasted different and was simply wonderful. It was educational. We promised ourselves to come back again.
7. Steak Satou - Had the matsusaka beef which has to be the most tender beef I have tasted. Absolutely divine.
8. Aronia - Had mixed feelings about this as this was the most expensive meal and yet not every dish tasted great. There were the hits like the bread with pate, Candle and Cheesecake but some courses like the Wagyu and Ratatouille did nothing for me. It was a notch better than Tapas Molecular bar, though which was also good but on the whole, did not give me any OMG moments. Don't get me wrong, these two are great places. Every dish was well thought out and executed perfectly. But I derived greater pleasures from simple meals like oden eaten on a cold day!
Thanks for the taking the time to read through!