This coming sat, sun, mon: total of 3 lunches, 3 dinners. We skip breakfast, have big lunch and bigger dinner. Our reservations are for 3 dinners at ubuntu, cindy's, zuzu(no reserva there i know). lunch at mustards.
Wewant to keep dinner at cindy's (my own personal fav place in the area.) but we could switch around and do lunch instd of dinner at ubuntu or zuzu..... and then we need 2 more places. Food obsession is the operative word here so driving is not an issue. i have been disappointed by terra, bistro jeanty, auberge du soleil.
* I don't have interest in trad. french, trad italian, trad. greek, trad. middle eastern(we have WAY too much of these in new england.)I am on vacation from the snowy cold of new england and its accompanying comfort food ., so offal, braises, stews are not for me here. We have come to the reinvigorating refreshing sun, ocean,and spring hills of Cal., and we bubble with delight when our vacation foods reflect these wondrous experiences.
* Latin and Asian influences are always a plus for me.
* Innovative ingredients and prep are a great draw for me, along with attractive room, and friendly informed service without attitude.
* For ME, a great hamburger has to have something in addition to the beef -IN the patty i.e. chorizo, shallots, sherry,herbs etc etc....
( I've only had two such restaurant burgers in my life- at Papa Haydn in portland Ore., and at Union Bar and Grill in the South End in Boston.)
* The best roast chicken or simple grilled fish- is not what I'm after.
For my quest, I'm prob'ly describing Cal Cuisine that many of you Cal CHs are satiated with. But I do appreciate your advice on this. I have been reading lots of relevant CH posts but thought I'd go ahead and ask your help on my own specific quest. thank you again for your time.