Pack, Roll, Aim, Fire
How to eat a taco
- Top with the salsa of your choice.
- Bring ends of tortilla together and roll slightly as if you’re rolling a joint to pack
the filling down in the middle.
- Pick up the taco by the folded-together ends and hold at a downward angle over
the plate, so that any leakage falls there, not on you.
- Start eating from the upward end and work your way down, making sure to keep
the taco angled toward the plate.
- Halfway through, squeeze the back end shut with your free hand to keep the
filling from falling out.
Worst-case scenario: The bottom of the tortilla splits and dumps the taco’s contents into your lap. To prevent this, some taquerias use a double layer of tortillas. Purists pooh-pooh this concept.