Yogurt Dipping Sauce with Lemon and Basil
Adapted from Southern Living
Strained low-fat yogurt with fresh basil, lemon, and garlic, perfect as a dip for grilled okra or other veggies. This recipe’s adapted from Southern Living.
- 1 (32-ounce) container plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1Line a wire-mesh strainer with 3 layers of cheesecloth and place strainer over a bowl.
2Spoon the yogurt into strainer. Cover and chill 24 hours.
3After 24 hours, transfer the yogurt to a medium bowl; discard the strained liquid.
4To the yogurt, add the basil, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine, cover, and chill until ready to serve.
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved