Turkey Taco Salad
This healthy, reimagined taco salad recipe (adapted from Taste of Home) can be on the table in 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- Suggested toppings: chopped tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, crushed tortilla chips
1Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey, peppers, onion, and garlic and cook until turkey is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Break up the turkey into crumbles as it cooks.
2Stir in the salsa, beans, chili powder, and cumin and heat through, about 3 minutes.
3Divide the romaine among four serving plates. Top with the turkey mixture and sprinkle with the cilantro and suggested toppings.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved