Teriyaki Tofu and Veggie Stir-Fry
For this quick, healthy stir-fry, firm, teriyaki-marinated tofu combines with crisp-tender broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas, and green onions.
For more, check out our easy shrimp stir-fry recipe.
For the teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Canola oil
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets
- 2 carrots, trimmed, peeled, and cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 green onions, sliced, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, for garnish
- Steamed rice, for serving
1To make the sauce, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine the soy sauce, mirin, sugar, ginger and garlic. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the mixture becomes slightly syrupy, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
2In a bowl, toss together the tofu and 1/4 cup of the teriyaki. Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, then add a glug of canola oil. Add the tofu, spread into an even layer, and cook, letting at least one side sear, until nicely browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
3Add a little more oil and add the broccoli and carrots. Stir and toss the vegetables until just barely tender, then add the sugar snap peas. Stir and toss the vegetables until crisp-tender, then add the reserved tofu and remaining teriyaki sauce to the wok. Stir and toss until the tofu is warmed through. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and garnish with the green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with the rice.
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved