No fried seafood plate would be complete without a heaping scoop of tartar sauce. This easy, classic recipe starts with store-bought mayonnaise and mixes in briny capers and pickles, scallions, fresh lemon juice, and black pepper. Serve with corn fritters for dipping or on top of a crispy fish cake sandwich.
See also Chowhound’s easy cocktail sauce recipe for shrimp.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped capers
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 2 medium lemons)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallion (from about 1 medium scallion, white and light green parts only)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved