Tangy Apple and Beet Salad
Rounded out with radicchio and blue cheese, this full-flavored salad could be eaten on its own. Or serve it with a braised dish for the ultimate cold-weather meal.
Game plan: For how to roast beets, check out this recipe.
This recipe was featured as part of our Fall Ingredients photo gallery.
For more, see our beet salad recipe with zesty crème fraîche.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 peeled, small-dice apple
- 1 small-dice roasted beet
- 3 cups coarsely chopped Treviso radicchio
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 1 ounce)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1Place the olive oil, vinegar, shallot, and mustard in a large, nonreactive bowl and whisk to combine. Add the diced apple and beet and toss until well coated in the vinaigrette.
2Add the radicchio and blue cheese and season with salt and pepper. Toss to evenly combine, taste, and season with additional salt and pepper as desired.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved