Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 1 large red-skinned sweet potato (yam; about 1 1/4 pounds), pierced with fork
- 1 1/3 cups gluten-free flour plus additional
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Grade B maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted , chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment. Add nuts; pulse to blend.
Sprinkle dough with flour. Pat into 8 1/2- inch square. Cut into 16 biscuits. Transfer to baking sheet. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, 18 to 22
- Microwave potato until tender, about 6 minutes per side.
- Halve; scoop out 1 cup flesh. Cool.
- Blend 1 1/3 cups flour and next 3 ingredients in processor.
- Add butter; pulse to coarse meal.
- Add potato, buttermilk, and syrup; process to blend.
- Sprinkle dough with flour. Cut into 16 biscuits.
- Pat into 8 1/2- inch square.
- Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved