Susans Citrus Scallop
Got the recipe from my mother in law. We had this at her 25th wedding anniversary! Perfect for those hot days.
- 18 large fresh sea scallops
- 175 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 15 ml grapefruit bitters (optional)
- 75 ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 50 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 2 navel oranges
- 1 lime
- 50 ml finely diced red onion
- 5 or 10 ml deseeded & finely diced re chili pepper (optional)
- 50 ml finely chopped cilantro
- Life Brand Tortilla Chips Multigrain with Flax Seeds
1Thinly slice each scallop & place in a medium bowl. Add orange, lime juices apple cider vinegar & grapefruit bitters (if using). Make sure that all of the scallops are fully submerged, then covered & refrigerate for at least 12 hours or, even better, overnight.
2rior to serving, peel & segment grapefruit, oranges & lime. (You need to use a knife when peeling lime.) Slice each segment into bite size pieces. Place in another medium bowl. Add red onion, chili pepper (if using) & cilantro. Strain scallops & discard marinade. Add scallops to sliced citrus mixture; toss well to combine. Divide among chilled bowls or glasses & garnish each with a few tortilla chips.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved