Strawberry Ice Cream Sundae
A chunky strawberry sauce slightly tangy with balsamic vinegar is the star of this delicious sundae, with vanilla ice cream and sliced banana. Extra credit: freeze up a batch of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream before you begin.
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon salted butter (1/8 stick)
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
For assembling the sundae:
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 3 tablespoons chunky strawberry sauce (see above)
- 1/2 ripe banana, sliced
1Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the strawberries, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar and cook until the strawberries release their juices and slightly thicken, about 5 minutes. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and allow to cool at least 20 minutes.
2Place the 2 scoops of ice cream in a bowl. Scatter with the banana slices, spoon over the chunky strawberry sauce, and serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved