Spicy Chicken and Asparagus Stir-Fry
This quick weeknight dinner is a classic Sichuan stir-fry with fiery character. If you’re not sure about the heat of your chiles, start with a smaller amount and serve with hot sauce on the side.
Spices not your thing? Try our easy Chicken Stir-Fry or Shrimp Stir-Fry recipe.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 10 to 12 small dried hot (Thai) chiles
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, halved
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Steamed rice, for serving
1Heat a large wok or frying pan over high heat. Add the vegetable oil, swirling the wok to coat. Sprinkle chicken with cornstarch, mixing to distribute evenly, then add to hot oil. Cook, stirring as little as needed for even browning, until meat is browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
2Add the sesame oil to the wok, followed by the ginger, chiles, and asparagus. Cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, sugar, and broth. Cook until mixture comes to a simmer, about 4 minutes. Return chicken to wok, stirring once just to combine, and let sauce thicken slightly. Serve with steamed rice.
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved