Slow Cooker Poached Salmon
Adapted from The Kitchn
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf, preferably fresh
- 6 sprigs fresh tarragon, dill, or flat-leaf parsley or a combination
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pounds skin-on fresh salmon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Aioli (recipe link in intro) for serving
1In the crock of a slow cooker, combine the water, white wine, lemon, shallots, bay leaf, herbs, peppercorns, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Cook on high for 30 minutes to create the poaching liquid.
2Season the top of the salmon with salt and pepper and place in the slow cooker, skin side down. Cover and cook on low until the salmon is opaque in color and flakes gently with a fork, 1 hour or longer (begin checking after 45 minutes).
3Serve with lemon wedges on the side and a bowl of aioli for passing at the table.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved