Use this easy sauce of capers, parsley, and shallots to top everything from grilled meats and fish to a steak sandwich. Don’t confuse it with Mexican salsa verde, made from tomatillos and chiles; it’s just not the same thing!
- 3/4 cup Italian parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup capers, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallots, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1Combine parsley, capers, shallots, garlic, mustard, and vinegar in a medium mixing bowl. Add olive oil and stir to combine.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved