Pumpkin Spice Pecan Streusel Muffins
For the streusel:
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans or pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
For the muffins:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin purée
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan. Make the streusel by stirring together the pecans, brown sugar, flour, melted butter, and spices; set aside.
2To make the muffins, beat the butter and cream cheese at medium speed in a stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add the sugars, beating until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the eggs, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed so the mixture is well blended. Stir together the flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and add to the egg mixture, beating at low speed to combine. Stir in the pumpkin and vanilla, being careful not to overmix.
3Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling three-quarters full. Sprinkle with the streusel.
4Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
© Red Ventures. All Rights Reserved