Pico de Gallo
An amazing pico de gallo recipe is essential for tacos and dipping chips in. The lively combination of tomatoes, onion, and cilantro enhances everything from grilled chicken to quesadillas. Don’t forget to pair with a homemade Guacamole recipe.
Game plan: The salsa will last up to 5 days refrigerated in a covered container.
This recipe was featured as part of both our Tomatoes! photo gallery and our Chile Pepper Recipes photo gallery.
- 3/4 cup white onion, minced (about 1/2 medium onion)
- 1 1/2 cups plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped (about 4 large tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon serrano chiles, stemmed, seeded, and minced (about 2 medium chiles)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime (from 1 small lime)
Combine ingredients in a medium nonreactive bowl and season well with salt. Add more lime juice as desired.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved