Moroccan Chermoula Dressing
Adapted from "Field Guide to Herbs & Spices" by Aliza Green
Use to marinate meats, poultry, fish, and vegetables before grilling or roasting. Serve extra on the side.
What to buy: Look for preserved lemons in gourmet grocery stores or online at igourmet.com. If you can’t find them, substitute 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest, or you can make your own.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 preserved lemon, rind only, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1Place the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and garlic in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add the sweet paprika, hot paprika, cumin, and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, and blend until combined.
2Add in the preserved-lemon rind and cilantro, and blend quickly until combined.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved