Middle Eastern Lamb Burgers
Beef burgers are great, but every once in a while you might want something different to throw on the grill. Try this lamb burger: meaty and juicy, with loads of aromatic spices, and topped with a cooling Cucumber and Cumin Yogurt Relish that beats ketchup any day.
Read more about grilling.
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 burger buns or ciabatta bread cut in half
- Cucumber and Cumin Yogurt Relish (see recipe intro)
1Combine all of the ingredients except the bread and relish in a large bowl and mix until evenly incorporated. Form into 4 patties.
2Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium (about 350°F to 450°F). Once the grill is hot, cook the burgers about 10 minutes per side, or until the juices run clear and the patties are firm to the touch.
3Place the lamb burgers on the buns, top with relish, and serve.
Beverage pairing: Green Point Shiraz, Australia. The spice and black pepper in the wine merge wonderfully with the flavors of these burgers, while the blackberry and plum notes refresh the mouth.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved